Why does every single Smartphone on AT&T other than the iPhone ....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhonedHome, Sep 23, 2010.

1. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

suck horribly?

Why no HTC EVO or Motorola Droid X equivalent?

I realize other carriers (T-Mobile, Verizon, etc.) have exclusitivity agreements, but damn HTC already makes 200 different phones.

Just curious.

GO!

2. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Well not to bust anyone's bubble the phones on Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint are not Earth shattering or that great I mean they are decent, but after using an iPhone I wont use anything else, I would stay on AT&T but I would just use a basic flip phone, if I had to switch carriers, I wouldn't have a phone, and yes I have been on all of them, AT&T is my favorite by far.

3. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

I love my IP4 and i'm coming from a Blackberry Bold. I havnet used a Tourch and i hear its pretty good.

4. iPhonedHome thread starter macrumors 6502

Wicked .... that's where I'm going with this. I have no reason to drop AT&T as I have nor ever had issues with them here in Dallas and I've been with them for almost ten years now.

I just want an option (other than the iPhone) for a second line. And yes it would be an Android phone. All their current offerings completely blow!

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Reportedly AT&T has decided to be a primary first carrier for Windows Phone 7 devices.

So they've apparently chosen a different near-future path than Verizon.

6. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Well not to bust your bubble but the iPhone is not Earth shattering or that great either I mean it's decent, but not leagues so above other phones.

7. aohus macrumors 68000

welcome to how verizon felt back when iPhone 1st gen came out lol

8. mrochester macrumors 65816

9. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Samsung Captivate.

10. Savor Suspended

Savor

AT&T is in bed with Apple. They will milk the iPhone as long as it is their premier phone and have U.S. exclusivity. This is no different than HTC, Motorola, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint all milking the Android platform.

Once iPhone is on multiple U.S. carriers, sales should double. Then AT&T doesn't have to pay so much to Apple for every iPhone sold and can start selling several Android phones and internet tablets that are half the price of an iPad. Samsung Captivate is just a start of the Android invasion on their network. AT&T is just Apple's whipping boy right now. It only made sense to go GSM (AT&T as the biggest) just for iPhone's greater global/travel potential even though Apple had went to Verizon first before their egos, demands, and own greed clashed.

11. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I want to know why every other phone on AT&T has a option for insurance and the iPhone doesn't! Even if they charged say a 200 dollar deductible instead of their normal 50-125 dollar deductibles. Thats better than having to forking out 500 bucks if I happen to drop my phone.

12. aohus macrumors 68000

some good points. kudos to you, sir.

13. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yes, they do. It came out about a month ago. ;)

14. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

The captivate and Sony x10 seem like really good android phones and the aria seems nice too. And let's not forget the bb torch and bold which are the best bb handsets there. There is also the pre plus which is the best webos phone out and winpho7 will be releasing their premier phones on AT&T as well.

15. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I'm fairly certain that as long as you still have the phone and you dropped it and it shattered or whatever apple will replace it for $200.

16. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

It is so! :p :D

17. NickkyJ macrumors regular

how come all sprint tmobile verizon phones are not as profitable as the iphone