Why does Hulu load so slow on ATV4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ajiuo, Nov 14, 2016.

1. ajiuo macrumors 65816

I've had problems with Hulu from the getgo. If the app isn't already opened and i play something with Siri, it opens the app and doesn't go to what I want.... it's really kind of bogging down the experience of the new TV App as well... I really Home Hulu fixes this.... but they haven't in the past year so I have my doubts.

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

What version tvOS are you on? Have you tried restarting the app? Deleting and reinstalling it?

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

It loads slow for me as well. I just thought it has to load all the Profile stuff and they just designed to load slow. I use WatchAid (Universal Watch List) and if Hulu is not Open it sometimes does not start my show.

I am curly on the tvOS Beta 3 but it was the same before. I have not did a reinstall of it.

4. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

Same thing for me if I try to get Siri to open something in Hulu. If Hulu hasn't been open already, it won't work.

I like to see apps trying new things and to look different to a certain extent, but not if it's at the expense of functionality. Hulu looks awesome, but is horribly slow. ABC is another. Their revamp a little while ago is very flashy but is difficult to quickly find what you want to watch - and isn't that really the point?

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It's loaded slow for me since the I purchased my ATV4 last year. I'm not sure what the deal is with the app. But when Netflix, HBO NOW, Starz, etc. load pretty quickly for me, Hulu is the only app that I feel is slow to open.

6. expectdelay macrumors member

expectdelay

Agree - the Hulu app is slow to load, it crashes more than any other of my frequently used/PAID applications, and it's search function is a mess.

7. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

I suspect the Hulu app is a sick, mangy dog regardless of platform. The PS4 version will frequently error out and refuse to load new content after viewing content and still does not support the "official" PS4 remote a full year after its release.

8. JBaby macrumors member

JBaby

I have the same issues as the rest of you. Though they don't bug me much anymore now that I'm using WatchAid. What is getting on my last nerve is it constantly replaying the last 10 seconds of a show and then freezing so I have to press the menu button in order to end the episode. Hulu really needs to get its sh*t together.