Why does iBlacklist or mCleaner cause iOS 4.3.2 to freeze up?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bella92108, May 3, 2011.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I can't figure this one out... tried both and they both cause iOS 4.3.2 to lock up on my iPhone 4 when a call comes in. I've been reading on the internet and there are tons of articles of people with the same problem, but nobody seems to have a solution. Anyone on here figure it out? The only real common factor I see is BiteSMS, but that shouldn't do it..

Ideas?

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Might not be of much help but I don't have BiteSMS on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.2 and iBlacklist works perfectly. It has never caused my iPhone any issue.

3. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah that doesn't help much :-(

I'm guessing biteSMS is interfering, i just wish someone knew a solution to make iblacklist and bitesms work together.

4. TaterToT macrumors 6502

I know what you mean, I blocked this girls number than wouldn't stop calling and texting me and my phone got to the point where it would not work at all... I was afraid I was going to have to restore it because it wouldn't even let me unlock the phone after home+power button rebooting. I SSHd and removed iBlacklist and it started working again though.

I also have biteSMS installed btw

5. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

OMG yeah that's exactly what happens to me. With iBlacklist a call comes in, and then the phone blocks the call then gets sluggish then freezes (all within about a 5 second period of the call)... only way to reboot is POWER + HOME. With mCleaner, the instant the call gets blocked the phone locks up (literally the backlight stays on and whatever is on the screen gets set on the screen and phone freezes in that state). Only way to resolve is POWER + HOME and let it reboot. Boo.

6. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Yep yep... I had it set so the phone calls went straight to voicemail but she was leaving me voicemails haha so I changed it to answer+hang up and that's when the REALLY bad lag started. It lagged a bit before when just going straight to voicemail but nothing like answer+hang up...

7. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah mine is when I do voicemail. I am getting lots of telemarketing calls from India (because I can tell when I DO answer), ahahaha... they say they remove me from their list but the calls keep coming, and it's hard for them to get in trouble when they're not in the US, dohh. I don't want to block all calls that are unknown or private because I do have some cases where I'll get work calls from those types of numbers, so they need to be able to leave a voicemail. Either way, like you said, it's locking up whichever setting it's on, and baffles me as to what would cause it.

8. iDevBrTeam macrumors newbie

You are using a pirated version of iBlacklist, probably from the xsellize or sinfuliphone sources.
    You need to uninstall this using cydia and install the official one from BigBoss source. The Cydia - Featured menu is the shortcut for the correct version.

9. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Huh? Don't make absurd accusations. I PAID for them both, and they both lock up. Doesn't matter anymore, I switched to Android and have native call blocking built into the OS. Will never go back to iOS. It's so primitive. Thanks for the slow and BS reply tho. Just like Apple iOS ... too little too late.