iPhone X Why does iPhone X performs terrible on iOS 12? If

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
It's still a powerful phone?
It's lagging at times when opening apps and it even CRASHED When I was recording a 4K video after 2 minutes of recording. That has never happened before not even with iOS 11 or old iPhones ? Screen went blank for almost 5 seconds and had to go film again. Luckily I didn't miss anything important.
I am just confused I thought iOS 12 was going to run super amazing on the X

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
No problem here, iOS12 is brilliant on the X. Makes it a joy to use.
Exactly, the key word here is joy.

My iPhone X is now a joy to use as well. So much better than iOS 11.

Feels like a different phone. The experience feels much different for sure. Much better.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I’ve been using iOS 12 beta since it was available for the public and haven’t had any issues since on my X.

SnacksGU

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2018
USA
I will update to iOS 12 today. Hopefully stop problems with message app that has been a problem since day one with iPhone X.

NoImage

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2017
New Windsor, NY
I’ve been using iOS 12 since June in the various beta stages on my iPhone X. I never had any major issues other than the normal beta bugs and it’s running great with the new official version. Maybe something is going on internally with your phone. Are you making out the storage maybe?

Reactions: BasicGreatGuy

buckethead

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2008
Stillwater, MN
It's still a powerful phone?
It's lagging at times when opening apps and it even CRASHED When I was recording a 4K video after 2 minutes of recording. That has never happened before not even with iOS 11 or old iPhones ? Screen went blank for almost 5 seconds and had to go film again. Luckily I didn't miss anything important.
I am just confused I thought iOS 12 was going to run super amazing on the X
My X is lighting fast. FaceID works much better on 12 and everything runs much smoother. I have not tried filming long in 4k yet though so can't comment on the video problem you had.

seezar

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2018
My X has been running great on 12. Things like Face ID seem to work quicker for me (could be placebo but it's certainly not any slower).

DDustiNN

macrumors 68010
Jan 27, 2011
Aside from specific new features, I haven’t noticed a difference at all, good or bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.