Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
seriously why???

I've had this issue for MONTHS. I posted it a while ago on MR but never really got a solid solution....

I've since updated to iLife 08....nothing has changed.

so here goes again.

in iPhoto, whenever I right click on any picture, I get the pop up image below, and when I click ok....iPhoto just shuts off. Doesn't crash, just quits....in disgust...:p

But it sucks!....WHY does it do that??:confused:

sucks.jpg

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
You on an administator account? Repaired disk permissions?

Your photos located on your Mac HD or elsewhere?

Play Ultimate

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
That sounds like a permissions issue.
Try Repairing Permissions.
If you are using from a non-admin. acct. take a look at the Photos folder and see who the owner is ("Get Info") and what permissions are granted to "others".
I had a similar problem on my daughters computer regarding a game in the shared folder. They could play but not save. Check

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Thanks for the replies.

This is a tough one.

-I've repaired permissions countless times (this is not a new problem, I've had it since the spring)

-I'm on an administrator account, I don't have anything but an administrator account.

-all my pics are where they should be. Local HD - in Pictures folder.

take a look at the Photos folder and see who the owner is ("Get Info") and what permissions are granted to "others".
Check

i'll try that when I get home, thanks. :)

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Thanks for the replies.

This is a tough one.

-I've repaired permissions countless times (this is not a new problem, I've had it since the spring)

-I'm on an administrator account, I don't have anything but an administrator account.

-all my pics are where they should be. Local HD - in Pictures folder.

i'll try that when I get home, thanks. :)

You are from BC and I am guessing that you smoked pot before you attempted to use your mac. This is not a good idea unless you are working on an app that you are familiar with or you are replying to a message in a forum that has been posted by someone from BC.

Hmmmm .... I think I should log out now

Cheers. :D :apple:

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
This may just be impossible.

Nothing works.

Repaired permisions.
did a 'get info' all privileges are set to me (also tried setting them to system)
tried messing with get info-> read write access for other folders inside the package (like the originals and modified) folders....

nothing...

totally baffled. Can ANYONE help me on this?????????

You are from BC and I am guessing that you smoked pot before you attempted to use your mac. This is not a good idea unless you are working on an app that you are familiar with or you are replying to a message in a forum that has been posted by someone from BC.

ummmm, no offense, but what the hell are you talking about?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.