Why does iPhoto hide the same photo in 2 different albums?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FieldhouseNYC, Sep 16, 2009.

1. FieldhouseNYC macrumors newbie

I have the same photo in 2 different albums. I want to hide it one album but not the other. But when I hide it in one album it automatically hides it on both. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Edit: Now that I'm wide awake I realize that the following doesn't directly address your problem, so I better address that...as far as I know when you hide a photo in iPhoto it hides it in the Library, consequently it gets hidden everywhere it lives (Library, Albums, etc.). The only alternative to this that I know of is the following:

iPhoto keeps all your photos in the Library section which you can view by Events, Photos, etc. iPhoto's Albums are similar to iTunes' Playlists. Like a song that appears on multiple Playlists a photo can appear in multiple Albums. The song/photo listed in the Playlist/Album is just an alias to the actual song/photo in the Library. Like in iTunes when you don't want a song on a particular Playlist you can delete it from the Playlist, you can do the same in iPhoto with a photo from a particular Album. It will only be deleted from the particular Playlist/Album that you deleted it from.

As long as you don't delete the song/photo from the Library it will still be available to the other Playlists/Albums.