Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crashlander

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
Why does iPhoto 9.5.1 automatically save all photos under the same location? When I choose "Places", the originally geotags from the iPhone correctly shows different locations for different photos but iPhoto lists all photos under the same location, over and over, no matter where i take the pic.

So, for example, when I choose the map, the correct locations are pinned all over the map, but each of the pin shows the same name. How do I change the default so the name of the location matches the actual geotag location? Right now, I have to go into each photo separately to change the name to match the geotag.

I have Mavericks 10.9.3, iPhoto 9.5.1

Thanks

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
Why does iPhoto 9.5.1 automatically save all photos under the same location? When I choose "Places", the originally geotags from the iPhone correctly shows different locations for different photos but iPhoto lists all photos under the same location, over and over, no matter where i take the pic.

So, for example, when I choose the map, the correct locations are pinned all over the map, but each of the pin shows the same name. How do I change the default so the name of the location matches the actual geotag location? Right now, I have to go into each photo separately to change the name to match the geotag.

I have Mavericks 10.9.3, iPhoto 9.5.1

Thanks
I had this problem too, I only recently started bothering with 'places' but noticed that everywhere was just called 'England' even though the pins were in the correct specific place. I had to go through and manually rename them all.
Unfortunately I don't know a solution to this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.