Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevinwiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
socal
I rarely need to use iPhoto for putting pictures on it and I certainly don't want to import photos. So why does it keep opening every time I sync? How do you change this?
iTunes also opens by the way.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Try opening the program Image Capture from your apps folder; in its preferences, you can define what you wish to happen (if anything) when a camera is plugged in. It should affect the iPhone also.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
I rarely need to use iPhoto for putting pictures on it and I certainly don't want to import photos. So why does it keep opening every time I sync? How do you change this?

Curious, why would you not want to import photos on to your iphone?

ericld

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2007

EASY FIX.

Your mac is set to open iphoto whenever a camera (iphone) is plugged in. open the image capture app, go to your preferences, and change the option for launching any app (iphoto) when a cam is attached.

"When a camera is attached, DO NOTHING"

then you'll be ok.

ynTheatre

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2004
iPhone vs. Other cameras in iPhoto

Is there anyway to specify that the computer do nothing (camera wise) when the iPhone is connected but still open iPhoto when I connect my digital camera?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Is there anyway to specify that the computer do nothing (camera wise) when the iPhone is connected but still open iPhoto when I connect my digital camera?

As far as I know, no easy way... you might possibly be able to come up with some sort of Applescript that detects the camera and responds based on which camera (iPhone or other) is connected, but I don't think there's anything less involved than that. :(

nzmc36

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2006
Gainesville FL
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.