Why does it take four tries to get iCal synched?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ubercool, May 7, 2009.

1. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

I have had this problem forever and I wonder if I'm the only having it. It often takes me three synchronizations to get my desktop calendar synched with the iPhone. Today it took four passes. This is nuts! Am I the only one suffering from this idiotic bug? :confused:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Are you getting error messages, or are you just not getting the information synced? Is this with ... iCal, Entourage, Outlook, ....?

3. ubercool thread starter macrumors 6502a

ubercool

No error messages. I need to keep synching until I see the newly added events show up on the iPhone. It says iCal in the subject line.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sorry about the iCal -- I read your post and forgot about the subject. But while we're at it (tsk, tsk), Tiger, Leopard, ...? :p Never hurts to have details.

I can't remember that I've seen this behavior personally... are the calendars in question ones that are either published to the internet or imported on iCal from the internet, or are they just local iCal calendars? Are the events in just one iCal calendar or more than one? Do you use SyncServices with anything else besides iTunes/iPhone?

5. ubercool thread starter macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Leopard, updated to latest version
    Not published to the Internet, local calendar only
    Events are just entered in iCal
    No SyncServices besides iTunes.
    Used MobileMe at one time, but it was just as fail-prone. :(