Why does it take so long to sync playlists?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rogifan, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I have a playlist specifically for Apple Watch which is around 150 songs. The other day it took almost 2 hours to sync that playlist to the watch. Why does it takes long? Will it be different with watchOS 2? Does watchOS 2 support syncing podcasts too?

2. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

That first one is a bitch. Once it's there, it's smooth sailing. I wonder if the watch only reserves certain amount of power to it cause it's doing other functions?

The only workaround for podcasts is to install a podcast app. Which means I had to trick itunes into letting me download and create a new playlist. Then sync that. Much more work that it should be

3. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

I downloaded a podcast in iTunes and tricked it into thinking it was a music file. It gave me some iCloud Muisc Library message. When I went back to my watch my previously synced playlist was now unsynced and I had to do it again. Bitch indeed. :mad: Needless to say I won't be putting any podcasts on the watch until it supports podcast syncing.

4. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

I found this last week, but I did not put it into effect. It does sound logical:

If playlists are important to you, there’s an easy solution: Delete the Podcasts app. (Tap and hold the app’s icon until it jiggles, then tap the X in the top-left corner.) Continue downloading podcasts to iTunes, adding them to the playlists you want and syncing to your iPhone or iPad. Tap the Music app, tap Other, and you’ll see Podcasts listed. Tap Playlists, and your podcasts’ playlists will be there as they used to be. You won’t get the syncing of subscriptions and played episodes, but you will have more control over the podcasts you can access.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204207

5. Treble macrumors 6502

Treble

That's if you can get it to sync I'm fed up of mine saying preparing to sync

6. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

I've decided if I need to listen to a playlist that bad I'll bring my iPhone with me. I won't use iTunes unless I absolutely have to.