Why does iTunes do this?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jcgnu, Dec 11, 2008.

1. jcgnu macrumors regular

Hello all.

I have a pretty huge library, but I'm having a little problem with iTunes right now. If you look at the attached image you will find that I have 3 songs from the same album and artist, and yet they appear as if they came from different ones. That is, the song "Tres" should be grouped with "Me enamora" and "Gotas de agua dulce".

I've had similar problems and the reason normally is that they sometimes contain diferrent characters (like a blank space after the name of the artist, which makes iTunes think that they are different ones). Anyway, it is not the case this time, since I've checked everything.

The reason seems to be that for the last two, iTunes doesn't consider the word "La" since it is an article (similar to your "the"). But in the first one, which has the exact same name, it does use it for the indexing... The funny (yet annoying) thing is that it does that for only one song out of three, even though they all have the exact same information.

Does anybody know a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

3. jcgnu thread starter macrumors regular

I tried it, but it made no difference...

Anything else I could do?

4. jcgnu thread starter macrumors regular

Fixed!

In the song's information window, there is an option to select how to sort the song.