Why does Maps keep crashing even though other iPhone apps are working on my Touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itazark2, Oct 16, 2007.

1. itazark2 macrumors member

I've installed all the iPhone apps into my Touch and they're all working fine .... except for Maps. It keeps crashing every time I open it ...

I'm not sure what's wrong since the other iphone apps are working just fine...

Any help?

Thanks.

2. plasticmoz macrumors regular

I am getting random crashes in various things -- for example settings crashed for me 3 straight times when trying to switch WiFi networks. Not sure what the problem is. However, yes Maps did crash for me a bunch before though it's working fine now.

3. kirill macrumors newbie

exactly the same problem all apps work fine apart from maps

4. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Guys, does Mail work? If not, then you need to get the fixed GMM.framework which maps and mail require.
    Let me know if you need it.

5. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Everything works for me perfectly, except for the fact that Maps does not find any places. If I try to look for restaurants in some city, it never finds any. It finds cities, it finds individual addresses but it can't find more generic places, like "restaurant new york". The website does work fine, but not the dedicated app. Any ideas? Does it work for you guys?

6. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Ok, so Maps works. Then you have a different issue that is not specific to the maps.app itself.

Yes, Maps works 100% for me. I get satellite view, road view, and it finds my location based on geoip location.

7. itazark2 thread starter macrumors member

Only MAPS is a problem.

Hi... for me, only MAPS is a problem. Everything else is fine. I don't have MAIL installed because I don't need it, so I don't know if it'll crash too if I open it. But WEATHER and NOTES open and work just fine.

I'm not sure why MAPS is a problem. Could it be the GMM.framework? Could you send me the fixed framework if you have it? Would appreciate it much! Thanks!

8. JohnR macrumors member

JohnR

I need it

9. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

10. kirill macrumors newbie

11. itazark2 thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks so much for this download.

MAPS is working fine now but mOBILE MAIL keeps crashing whenver I try opening it ...

I read I have to type in a chain of command in putty. But I'm not sure how to do it. I'm using a Mac and Cyber Duck. When I download putty and open it, its just a bunch of documentation.

This sounds like a silly Q, but what do I do? Thanks again for your help.

12. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Excellent :)

13. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Did you copy the GMM.framework in and then the mail bundle?

14. itazark2 thread starter macrumors member

Yup I did. They're all in their proper folders ...

EDIT: OH wait .... I realised I actually didn't put in GMM.framework and mail bundle into the right folders (apparently there are two locations where preferences and frameworks appears, one in library, one in system-->library) . Now MAIL and MAPs work fine.

Thanks so much for helping! Appreciate it much!

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Use the apps that are linked higher up in the thread. They should work - I was having the same issues with Mail until I used those.

16. itazark2 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tip but actually the link that was provided me worked good too.

But I ended up dropping my GMM.frameworks and preferencebundle into ALL the framework and preference folders in both locations .... cos I couldn't figure out which location worked.... And looks like something worked because now all the iphone apps function well.

17. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Thats why I left the bundles and frameworks in the same folder structure in the zip, that is also on the touch. Good to hear you got it working. Nothing quite like reading mail on your touch ;)

18. itazark2 thread starter macrumors member

That's really true :) Thanks again!