Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
This is really confusing me. For some reason, every day, Microsoft Messenger signs me out and tells me that "the system is currently unavailable" at exactly 1:00 AM.

Does this happen to anyone else? :eek:

Thanks

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Ah, this used to happen to me. Basically they cut you off at midnight for a split second. It's noticable in MSN because the moment of a dropped connection it cuts you off - unlike normal web browsing where it would be treated as traffic and would 'pause' loading.

Yup. Was really annoying when playing an online game or on MSN.

Happened every night with Pipex at either midnight or 1am, depending on DST. Even used to happen with BT for a while but it's okay now.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Ah, this used to happen to me. Basically they cut you off at midnight for a split second. It's noticable in MSN because the moment of a dropped connection it cuts you off - unlike normal web browsing where it would be treated as traffic and would 'pause' loading.

Happened every night with Pipex at either midnight or 1am, depending on DST. Even used to happen with BT for a while but it's okay now.

So what happened? How did you fix it? Why does it happen?

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005

Hello?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.