Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
When I get a phone call, sometimes I am presented with a swipe to answer (with no observable way to reject the call), or 2 buttons, Answer or Reject?

There does not seem to be any rhyme nor reason to this behaviour, any ideas why it does this?

Also, with my previous (Android) phone, I could flip the device onto the screen and it would mute the ringer, anyway to do something similar on iPhone (button press for example)?

Cheers
Stewart

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
If the phone is locked you can reject the call with the lock/unlock button. The silent button is above the volume button.

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
United States
When I get a phone call, sometimes I am presented with a swipe to answer (with no observable way to reject the call), or 2 buttons, Answer or Reject?

There does not seem to be any rhyme nor reason to this behaviour, any ideas why it does this?

Also, with my previous (Android) phone, I could flip the device onto the screen and it would mute the ringer, anyway to do something similar on iPhone (button press for example)?

Cheers
Stewart
When your phone is locked you are presented with one screen, and when it unlocks it it presents you with the other.

jermy4

macrumors demi-god
Jun 27, 2010
Ah OK, that seems daft to me, but I'm sure I will live with it.
It actually does that for a reason, if you have it in your pocket and it allowed you to just tap to answer you could potentially answer/decline it inside your pocket accidentally by trying to get it out. By making you swipe when it's locked it makes sure you actually want to answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.