Why does my iPad ignore TV Show episode orders??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nickosbad, Aug 14, 2011.

1. nickosbad macrumors regular

Hi all

I am having difficulties with getting one of my TV Shows to appear in the correct episode order

I am syncing a ripped Season of Prison Break, Itunes sees the TV shows in the correct order, Front row lists them in the correct order but when I sync them over to my iPad the series is split in two, episodes 13-22 appear in the correct order but are at the top of the list followed then by episodes 1-12 in the correct order

Any ideas why it is splitting the series in 2 (this does not happen with ANY of the other series I have)

I have tried removing and re-syncing, removing from iTunes and editing the Metadata and re adding but NOTHING works

Cheers

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

In the iTunes metadata did you add the track number in addition to the episode numbers, season numbers, etc.?

3. nickosbad thread starter macrumors regular

I tried both, I also tried either of them on their own

Its just strange that the series is in the correct order but just split in two

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

There's likely something there that's only filled out on half the episodes. Check to see anything that's different on any metadata field, even if it doesn't seem relevant.