All iPads Why does my iPad insist on inserting the wrong text?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lucille Carter, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

When I try to type Powers Ave, my iPad always wants to use Powers Road.

When it try to insert my zip code plus four digits after, it always wants to use to same wrong 4 digits after my zip code.

Is there a way to fix this. :mad:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Auto-correct - yeah I hate it when it thinks I it knows better. I 'm unaware of any way to correct these on the iPad.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

1. Try settings —> General —> Keyboard to see if it is there in shortcuts
    2. If not, resetting keyboard under General —> Reset will fix it, but will also delete any words it may have learned which you may want to keep
    3. If it is information linked to your name, your contact card may have incorrect details

4. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

5. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

If it is something you type often you can do a quick fix by go to setting / general / keyboard add Your zip code with the four digits as a short cut.

As you start to type the first few digits it assumes you are calling for the short cut and will pull up the rest.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

your iPad might have dropped out of ischool and didn't graduate, yet still managed to make it into the world. did it happen to be a refurbished iPad?

7. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks all, I decided that the "short cut" method was the best way to fix these errors it makes each time. Short cuts can be a very powerful tool.