Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dog352

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
It used to sync everything in minutes. Now, when I sync, it usually takes more than ten minutes even though there aren't any new files to transfer. Anybody else having the same issue?

iLiveUdie

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2010
It used to sync everything in minutes. Now, when I sync, it usually takes more than ten minutes even though there aren't any new files to transfer. Anybody else having the same issue?

The more new content you get (either on the iPad or the comupter) the longer it takes!

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Backups are happening pretty slowly. Another problem that used to exist on the iPhone but was fixed. Hope they fix this soon.

Slava

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2006
Plus, sometimes there is a noticeable delay before backup/sync phases start.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Are you syncing any photos? I've found that turning off photo syncing speeds things up considerably. When you uncheck "sync photos" you are asked if you want to delete photos or keep them on iPad. Say you want to keep them. Then turn syncing back on when you want to update your photos, and turn it off again for regular use.

below sea level

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2009
My backups can be really slow (one was 15 minutes), but the actual sync part is about as fast as syncing and iPhone or iPod.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
This happened to me after I put several hundred MBs of comics on it with ComicZeal sync.

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
Only tried to sync once and h8 it. Couldn't sync on my main sync comp that i sync my iphone wth(macbook pro), because of OS.

I will not be syncing any pictures or video to my ipad. Hopefully their will be a better way in the future. :apple:

dog352

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Ah..the suggestion with the photos helped. Now, it syncs in seconds.

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
You could just cancel the backup, but that isn't wise all the time in my experience. This happened to me with my Touch, and if I don't hook up to my computer at least once every couple days it takes a long time. I'm sure this problem will be remedied with the next set of bug fixes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.