Why does my iPhone randomly skip or pause a song?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Big Byte, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Big Byte macrumors regular

My iPhone (a 32G 3GS) randomly skips or pauses a song while playing. Does anyone know why and what I can do to remedy this? Thanks.

2. CZK macrumors 6502a

There is another useless feature ( apple is very good at developping them and making them sounds marvellous aka facetime) that is called ''shake to shuffle'' or something like this

Go into settings and turn it off ( yes because they are thinking its enough useful to make it ON by default)

3. Big Byte thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the super fast reply. I'll turn the "shake to shuffle" feature off, but wonder if it will help because my problem happens even when the iPhone is sitting in its dock (i.e. I'm not even touching it).

4. CZK macrumors 6502a

Try turning that option off and if it keeps happening, check your mp3 files, they might be corrupted or something. If everything seems to be fine, you might try to restore.

Is you iphone jailbroken ? Since when are you the owner ? give more significant detaiks plz

5. Big Byte thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks once again for the fast reply. I did as you said, but haven't had the chance to check it out.

To answer your questions, the phone is about 1 year old, I am the original owner and it is not jailbroken. The files themselves are all AIFF music files that were imported from my CD collection. None of the files are MP3 (other of any other) format and I've never downloaded a song.

Anyway, I'll check the phone again tomorrow to see if it continues doing so.