Why does my iPhones clock show an hour early?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jade Cambell, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Jade Cambell macrumors 6502

If I go into "Clock" and look at the time in Seattle, it shows it correctly, but the time at the top of the iPhone, and the time that shows up on the "Slide to Unlock" screen, are wrong. They are an hour slow. It's plugged into the computer right now, and it was restored yesterday, and the iPhone is set to automatically set date and time. How can it be doing this? Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Roseyboy macrumors member

Might be daylight savings automatically changing it, think the clever government you have decided to put it back by a week this year but did not think of all the electronic devices that automatically did it on sunday? might be that.. just a guess. :confused:

3. Jade Cambell thread starter macrumors 6502

That must be it. When I tell it to set the clock "automatically" it shows an hour early. When I tell it to set according to the current Seattle time zone, it shows the correct time.

Haha.. this is funny!

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

best way to put it is apple screwed up and failed to update there phone to handle DST. But it does not make any since to me since I figured the tower says here is the time. Phone display that time and do not care about DST. It is all the tower responsibility.

I am going to be laughing really hard if this is happening on a lot of phones.

As for DST being a week later I am not to happy about. Particularity when on Friday I have to get up at 4am to catch a flight. It could be worse though I could have had to set the clocks a head and hour last sunday and still have to catch that flight.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Your problem is due to a software malfunction at your local at&t tower (many have not been updated to the new DST schedule). I run into similar problems all over the place. Some towers near me right now are off by as much as 6 hours. You will also have problems if you are near any of the time zone divisions, as one tower will tell your iPhone one time, and another will give it another time. You may also encounter this kind of problem if you drive across the US, especially in the Mountain Time Zone, for some reason, no at&t/cingular phone I've ever had would automatically update the time zone when driving through Montana. However, if shut the phone off and then turned it on it would display the correct time.

Your best bet, for now, is to set the time manually (which will sync the iPhone's time with your computer, which in turn syncs with Apple's time servers) until next week, or longer depending on what your local tower problems may be.

TEG