Why does my keyboard lose hotkey input?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kodos, Aug 16, 2016.

1. kodos macrumors regular

My iPad Pro was supposed to be less quirky because it runs iOS and not a full OS, but I'm finding almost as many quirks as my Windows 2-in-1s.

Sometimes I lose the ability to hit Cmd-H, Cmd-Tab, and Cmd-Space (basically everything I use for switching between windows). I am on iOS 9.3.4. Sometimes this happens when I am running Slack simultaneously, but sometimes not. But more often when Slack is running. I thought it might also be my SSH client, but it also happens in Word.

Does anyone else have this issue?

2. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Yessssss you're not alone man! Happens to me when I use splash top to remote into my Mac. Even after going back to the home screen /iPad UI the hot keys are...cold. Not working. No Bueno. Only thing I can do is disconnect the keyboard and reconnect. Or restart the whole damn pad.

I wonder if anybody on iOS 10 beta has this issue of it's been fixed...

3. kodos thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, Ghost31 - was just wanting to make sure it wasn't some setting or something that was unique to my SW/HW combo or something. It is very aggravating. I get into a "rhythm" with hotkeys and when a system doesn't do what it is supposed to - it breaks my flow and my train of thought. Hopefully someone on iOS 10 can chime in!

4. DGGoingUphill macrumors member

The latest ios 10 beta seems to have fixed this.