Why does my LED speaker have a flashing battery on the display?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Looks like this...
Photo on 12-26-18 at 3.31 PM.jpg
Do I use an iPhone charging cable or the original black cord that came with it to charge it? It is awesome even if I don't figure out how to charge it. Am I doing something wrong?
[doublepost=1545858559][/doublepost]I figured it out, I didn't see the pull tab on the bottom of the unit. :confused:

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I fixed it for a really long time, but we had a power outage recently and I had to unplug it, it's plugged back in but the flashing battery is still there. The power came back a few days ago. Can someone please send me a reminder because I don't remember what I did. Did it just take a long time to charge when I first plugged it in and since I had to unplug it so it wouldn't be effected by the surge of power when it came on. (Yes, we have surge protection in the entire house, we just unplug things because you never know. The edit in my first post won't help obviously.

I was kind of wondering if I just had to remove the battery and put it back in. I haven't replaced it yet because it's been connected to a plug all this time.

Clix Pix

macrumors demi-goddess
Since this is apparently a bluetooth device, you may need to re-pair it with your phone or whatever device you are using this with.

It certainly couldn't hurt to remove the battery and then put it back in. That could reset something which may have become screwed up with the power failure.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Thank you, I'll see if I can re-pair it later (it's just after midnight on Saturday) I don't know how to remove the battery because I never had to do it before. I'll reply when I try to do this later.

Clix Pix

macrumors demi-goddess
Instructions should be in the manual that came with this thing.....hopefully you still have that, or if you don't, you could probably locate it online and download a copy that way. I just did a quick Google and from what I can tell, this thing is actually an alarm clock with speaker capabilities, and the battery is primarily for backup purposes (such as during power outages). That would be useful for people who depend upon their alarm clock to wake them up in the morning, especially if there is a power outage during the night when they are asleep. It could be that now in your case the backup battery indeed needs to be replaced.