Why does my mac book pro print occasionally?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sandwich1, Nov 9, 2012.

1. sandwich1 macrumors newbie

Hi, for starters, I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

Anyways, I recently bought a macbook pro and I installed the printer and applicable drivers. It worked for a little while and now it does not print. I have to keep reinstalling the printer/drivers. I am guessing this only happens when I shutdown the computer. Why does this happen? How can I keep the printer on?

Thank you

2. jvpython macrumors 6502

You'd need to give a little more detail if you want some advice. ei. What printer are you using? Did it just suddenly stop working?

3. ibarrett94 macrumors member

the title of this thread implies that your macbook randomly prints things.

4. sandwich1 thread starter macrumors newbie

The printer works fine on my PC's. Yes, it just stops working for some reason.

----------

No, the title implies that my printer only works sometimes.

5. Namtaro macrumors regular

I read it as your mac printing randomly as well. Might want to make it a little more clear so someone with the same problem can help you.

6. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

That's weird that it is randomly printing. How often does it do this and what does it print? I hope you turn the printer off overnight otherwise you'll have wasted a lot of paper and ink by the morning.

7. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

How does your printer just randomly print documents? My MBP is hooked up to a wireless HP printer, it only prints when I tell it to.