Why does my Mac have Alzheimer's?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iMacZealot, Apr 27, 2008.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Since Leopard, occasionally, it will just forget things. For example, every so often, some, but not all, of my cookies are reset and I'll have to log back into MacRumors, Facebook, YouTube, etc. I used all three sites and was logged in earlier, but when I came back to turn my computer on again tonight, they all forgot me.

Also, sometimes it won't switch windows properly. I'll click a QuickTime window behind Safari, for example, and the menu bar will say that the active app is QT but the two aforementioned QT and Safari windows are both active.

None of these problems have occurred until Leopard, and they aren't major, but they are odd. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

I've experienced the second problem. It's not that major of a problem but probably just a minor bug in the OS. Hopefully 10.5.3 will fix this.

3. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Could be a permission problem, so try repairing them. If that doesn't do it, it is probably a corrupted data store for Safari. Resetting Safari might fix that, and if not, you would have to find the folder the data is stored in and Trash it.

4. ewilson6 macrumors 6502