Why does my Mac sometimes load pages like this?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMJustAGuy, Aug 10, 2010.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

In this case it is youtube's home page... but it has done it to MR and others before as well... even closing resetting safari doesn't help... it just "fixes itself" after a while. Anybody know the issue here?

Attached Files:

2. celticpride678

Did you just wake up your Mac when you tried to load the site having issues? Have you tried a different web browser?

3. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Hmmmm... Well I "never" turn my iMac off... and let me try firefox real quick.

Edit: Well here is the story, lol... I opened firefox, it looked normal... went back into safari and it had already "fixed" itself so I am not sure if a different browser works while this one is "broken". Also, it's not just about refreshing the page because I can refresh 20 times and it'll still be jacked... it changed back when it wants to. This isn't something that happens every day, but it's happened quite a few times on various sites and is just annoying.

4. blunderboy macrumors 6502

Is your internet connection erratic? It looks like the styles set for the page aren't loading, which sometimes happens when a connection gets slow. I've seen it happen on different OSes and different browsers.

5. drossad macrumors regular

mine has been doing that in Safari as well! Not only that, but Safari has been crashing for no reason.

Something is up with 5.0. Not sure what.
    (I don't have any extensions either, in case someone was gonna suggest that.)

6. celticpride678

Yeah, it certainly seems like its an issue with your Internet connection. Can you post your speeds?

7. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

That periodically happens to me but a restart of the browser usually fixes it.

8. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

But whatever page is currently "Acting out" doesn't mean they are all like that... for instance, when youtube was doing that earlier... I went to MR and it loaded fine, as did facebook. But on the other hand I have had it happen to MR before as well...

Attached Files:

9. robvas macrumors 68020

Looks like the style sheet isn't loading. You can get the same thing in Firefox by going to 'View->Page Style->No Style'

We have a similar problem like that at work, it's caused by our stupid web filter.