why does my MacBook keep turning pink?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by berkleeboy210, Apr 10, 2008.

1. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

hey guys,

I'm at the apple store now just left the genius bar. I bought my macbook end of october 2007.

I brought it in the end of January for hard drive failure and to Get the palm rest replaced b/c it turned pink. No problem.

Today I go in same issue but the discoloration was much worse than before and has spread to the external casing as well as the palm rests again.

Todays genius has claimed that he had never seen a macbook turn pink and blames it on me but says they'll repair it today as an exception....

WTF? I thought this was a known issue to begn with and first to blame it on me was completely unesscary and to go through my bag and see if I have any pink objects is obsurd.

Thoughts?

2. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

i wouldnt have an idea it happened on my macbook too but on the click part below the track pad maybe i had pink on my hands i thought but from what so i would like to know my self :(

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, I had the same thing and I blamed it on the TSA boneheads for wiping my MB up one side and down the other. I used iKlear on the MB for days, but couldn't get all of it out. It seemed that I was the only one that recognized it as an issue. :eek:

4. unguyen macrumors newbie

pink macbook

Hey, I googled "macbook turn pink" and got this page in the results. I just noticed today that the outer edges of my palm rest are a pinkish color and so is a certain part on my space bar. I was thinking of going to the Mac store as well and was wondering if/how they fixed this problem for you? Not happy at all since I've had my macbook for only a month.

5. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

It's because it's a ladies laptop you bought! HAHAHAHA I'm only kidding...

6. Successful macrumors newbie