Why does my moms iPad have Internet problems

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by christom1174, Apr 27, 2017.

1. christom1174 macrumors newbie

I have an iPad 3 and my mom has an iPad 5. We both use the same internet connection. My iPad works fine but my mom keeps getting messages saying no internet connection. I have reset the wifi connection on her I pad several times and it works for a little while then she get the no internet connection messge. Any idea what might be wrong ?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Assuming this iPad is not an LTE iPad, I would access Wi-Fi settings and select "Forget this Network." Then re-enter your internet provider information and password, which might resolve the issue.

Also, you could ensure the iPad is up-to-date on its software and check with your Internet provider as well if some changes were made to the Internet settings/wifi.

3. christom1174 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I checked her connection I noticed she has a different DNS number than me. Should her DNS number be the same as mine ?

4. daflake macrumors 6502a

If you are using a home router, then yes, it should be the same.

5. christom1174 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a reset and it works fine now. My moms iPad does show a different IP address than mine. I have never had to reset my wifi on my iPad. Why does my moms keep needing to be reset ?

6. daflake macrumors 6502a

Without more information, it is hard to say. Are you connected to a local home router? Each device should have a different IP, but DNS, gateway, and subnet mask should be the same.

7. Atomic77 macrumors regular

Atomic77

Perhaps there might be something going on with the moms ipad. It’s really hard to say with out more info.