Why does my Safari (6.0.2) keep crashing?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Ben Kei, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Ben Kei macrumors regular

Ever since Safari 6 came out, it's gone from being incredibly stable to crashing a few times a day.

It just closes and brings up a crash report window.
    I'm sending 4 or 5 error reports every day! I don't think I had that many crashes in a year previously.

I can't work out what's causing the crashes, as in if there is a trigger for them. Sometimes it's as soon as I click on a new link, other times it's when scrolling down a page.. there's no definite trigger.

The error report points to java causing the crashed but I don't know how to read them really.

Everything is as up to date as it can be, disk utility run, old preferences/cache files etc.. trashed. I don;'t know what else to try?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd post up the error report but it's too many characters.

2. nofunsir macrumors member

nofunsir

Same here.

Do you happen to use use the extensions AdBlock 2.5.49 or Ghostery 1.4.1?

3. MacShopper macrumors newbie

I've been having the same trouble with 6.0.2, Safari crashes several times a day now.

I have AdBlock and Ghostery installed. I installed Ghostery 17 days ago and it's been working fine till two days ago.

I started using a new website a couple days ago, and most of the crashes have occurred when I clicked various links there, but have also occurred at least a few times on other sites.

In most of the crash logs there are 511 entries of this line:
    511 com.apple.JavaScriptCore 0x000000010b3f1372 JSC::JSCell::getOwnPropertySlotByIndex(JSC::JSCell*, JSC::ExecState*, unsigned int, JSC::propertySlot&) + 98

4. Ben Kei thread starter macrumors regular

I think I do have Adblock installed actually.

I'm at work now so can't check but for some reason, I didn't even think about whether that could be the issue.

Thanks, I'll give it a play tonight and see if it's the problem.

5. javapop macrumors newbie

javapop

same issue.... using adblock

I have adblock 2.4.28 installed. I don't have Ghostery installed. I'll try un-enabling adblock and see if that helps.