Why does no one complain about the lack of "groups' when sending email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tom359, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Tom359 macrumors regular

Don't get me wrong, I have been on the copy /paste bandwagon since day one, and I have stopped holding my breath. I also would like to be able to forward texts and/or text to multiple people which brings me to my point:

If Apple says that this is a full fledged email device and that is why text features take a back burner, then why in the hell can't I use "groups" or distribution lists when sending an email?? It drives my CRAZY to have to type in each individual family member's name to send them an email from my iPhone. On my Mac, I just have a contact group called "family", and that is all I need.

This is a "known issue" on the apple support pages and I have filled out the feature request form several times. I just can't believe no one else has an issue with this....I don't see this mentioned on any of the forums.

Please V3.0, let me have full email functionality like my desktop!!

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I also would like to have that feature in my iPhone.
    Have you reported it to :apple:?

3. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

did you even read his post?

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Because I've never had the need to do that.

How often am I sending something to the exact same people? My most common group of people I e-mail to is 7 people. Mathematically there are hundreds of combinations that could be, right? Am I going to have hundreds of groups to pick from? That's not very useful.

What is useful is auto-complete. Let's say I'm writing to five of them. I type:

ga, lo, lau, deb, jm

And my iPhone knows who I'm talking about. That' sure faster than searching for that exact combination of people on a list of hundreds of groups.

5. vienta macrumors newbie

I could see tons of reasons to use a group...family is the most obvious one..I belong to an HOA association and frequently have to email everyone on the board so I have that set up as a group. It would definitely be a nice option to have.

6. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

Friends, Family, Work. No.

7. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I'd be happier to be able to mark items as junk then use groups. Even 1 junk email a day is a pita.

8. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

1) You can already send texts to multiple people.

2 ) There is already "partial" group support. You certainly don't have to type out each name or type anything at all. All you do is hit the "groups" back arrow in the contacts screen that appears when you hit the "+" when you are sending a message. While you can only add one address at a time (unfortunately), at least when you hit the "+" it goes back to the group you were in before so you can just hit the next name on your group list.

9. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

10. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I second that recommendation. It's a great application for a variety of reasons. Sending mail to groups is only one.