Why does numbers automatically download/updates?

preyan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
Help me. I'm wondering if it's an iOS issue or a setting?
Only numbers decides to update automatically on my iPad Air, 7.0.4. No other app automatically downloads. Not Pages, iPhoto or anything else.

Is it an iOS issue?
Under settings for App Store, auto updates are off.
Any help is appreciated.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Help me. I'm wondering if it's an iOS issue or a setting?
Only numbers decides to update automatically on my iPad Air, 7.0.4. No other app automatically downloads. Not Pages, iPhoto or anything else.

Is it an iOS issue?
Under settings for App Store, auto updates are off.
Any help is appreciated.
Do you have the following settings setup:

Settings>>iTunes & App Store>>Updates turned on?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Under that option, the only option that is available and ON is Use iCloud :confused:
Well then I am stumped. I don't know why it is automatically downloading..... Sorry, I am out of ideas.

Maybe you had auto update on before and it was updating, then you turned it off and it hasn't been updating since? This is a strange one.

preyan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
Well then I am stumped. I don't know why it is automatically downloading..... Sorry, I am out of ideas.

Maybe you had auto update on before and it was updating, then you turned it off and it hasn't been updating since? This is a strange one.

Thanks for trying. I thought maybe there was some other setting that I did not know off but yes, it is really strange. And that's the only app that auto updates :eek:

Just annoying actually, that's all but I am certain it is an iOS issue. I'm on iOS7.0.4, the latest version.

----------

looks like an ios issue to me! waiting to see what other people think about it and if there is any reply that can show any right path

Yeah. I wonder if this happened to anyone else :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.