why does o2 have so much ****?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicholas.C, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

what is going on?

first they tell us on the 11th there weon't be any phones on pago?? and only contracts

whats goin on o2 where are these priceS!!

2. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

its terrible and extremely shocking..maybe its to make more sales on contract first..

3. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Have you had this confirmed? I do believe that O2 have not released any information regarding the PAYG deal yet, and the PAYG iPhone not being released on the 11th is just a rumour with no hard evidence to back it. I think a lot of people are just jumping on a bandwagon of hate against O2 because of the email that was sent out by CPW yesterday. Maybe CPW won't have the PAYG phones initially, but O2 and Apple stores will?

If you can be patient for a few further days you will find out more, I'm pretty sure.

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

at&t are also saying payg wont be available on the 11th... it may be apple limiting it

5. getti macrumors member

I have been undecided if to get iPhone 3G or not but today i easily made my mind up and its a HELL NO!.

For the company who sell it (O2) to have messed up this much on letting customers know pricing and information it hardly fills you with confidence paying them for the next 18 months does it.

First of all they publish PAYG prices but then pull them due to a technical error (also known as person who runs the website accidently uploading the page), then they dont let people know when its coming to PAYG, upgrading customers are unsure on what is happening, new customers are seeing the O2 Forum and people being told from the 4th July you can be credit checked ready to collect on the day and now on the day that should happen all stores are telling people they cant do this anymore and you need to come in on the day.

Add this to the rumored shortages and i personally think its all a big game from O2 to boost the hype on the iPhone because the original was a bit of a flop at launch and with figures online saying most of them were unlocked to use on other networks i cant find any other reason.

O2 are playing with people and trying to make out there will be only a few phones coming in so they have people waiting outside as a publicity stunt for what would otherwise be as a normal every day launch.

I am a big apple fan but what O2 are doing is beyond a joke and i hope people decide to either just forget it all together or end up using on another network who dont treat customers like this

6. geeb macrumors regular

Dude, chill. They havent "messed up". Only a handful of people who read these forums really give a **** whether the price is announced on a particular date. The price was put up then taken down, obviously a mistake so just ignore it.

O2 havent announced ANYTHING about quantities of phones so there can be no "hype", except what rumour-control makes.

Relax, guy.