Why does one have it and not the other....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Buickman, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Buickman macrumors newbie

Interesting thought:

iPhone 4S has Siri as Apple states it needs the dual core processor to handle it.

iPad 2 has Photobooth as Apple states that it needs the dual core processor to handle it

Why can't the either have what the other has, as I would love to use photobooth on my iPhone especially since the camera is so far superior in comparison. This is just my thought of the 2 different devices I would love to hear what other things you find in difference to the devices although according to Apple they both have the A5 processor in them.

2. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

Where did Apple say that Siri needs the A5 processor?

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I don't recall Apple saying that about photobooth either. :confused: i only recall them offering Siri for the 4S and photobooth for Ipad 2 I'm guessing marketing..

4. cababah macrumors 68000

there is no reason siri can't run on an iphone 4 other than the fact that apple locked it into the 4S to help differentiate the product to sell better. it most definitely does not require a dual core processor to run; that's ridiculous. all it is doing is transcribing voice to text and communicating with apple's servers to get back a response. certainly not a dual-core cpu-intensive task!