Why does Quicktime just STOP/HANGS when trying to upload video to YouTube?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maf2k8, Jun 26, 2010.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

This looks to be a common problem and yet no fix? According to the posts i found thru Google that is, just checking to see if there is a fix or if there is anything i can do?

I have a video from my iPhone playing in Quicktime, i hit the little share button ( on my iMac thru Quicktime ) i enter in all the YouTube info, the status bar goes and it does it things by always hands at the end where it says "waiting for youtube to process video" it can sit there for hours and still nothing will happen?

Is there a fix for this? or another way around it?

New i7 iMac, everything is updated...

2. maf2k8 thread starter macrumors 6502

ok now i am REALLY confused on this..

In order to log in to my Youtube account i have to enter my Gmail email address as usual ( blank@gmail.com ) the ENTIRE address not just my username.

When i do this, it hangs as stated above when it gets to the end.

Well some say, just enter your username not the @gmail.com part, but when i do that it wont log me in via QuickTime.

SOOOO i made a new youtube account for kicks ( so that way i DONT have to use my Gmail sign in ) and when i sign in with my NEW name ( no @gmail ) it upload perfectly!

What is going on? why is this?

I know some might say unlink your youtube account with youtube and gmail but that option is not in my account settings....