Why does Safari sometimes reset and delete open tabs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by felixen, Aug 1, 2012.

1. felixen, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

felixen macrumors 6502a

I have noticed that every once in a while Safari on both my Mac Mini as well as my new Macbook Air will start without having remembered any of my open tabs (tabs that were open last time I used the computer).

It only happens sometimes, but I haven't noticed any pattern yet.. Maybe it's after reboots of the computer, I dunno.. But it is annoying though, as I often keep important tabs open and then Safari just closes them.

Any suggestions to this issue?

2. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The only time I've ever seen Safari open without loading saved tabs is when I manually close all of my tabs before I quit Safari.

4. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

My Air just did it again. Had a few important tabs open. It really sucks! My Mini does it too sometimes, but not that often. Can it be something in the settings I am missing?

I didn't reboot now and didn't shut down Safari either, so I really don't know what's happening

5. squaremon macrumors regular

squaremon

are you using safari 6.0? I experienced this a few times:(

6. leman macrumors 604

Safari has been crashing for me since I bought my first mac 4 years ago. I really hoped that they would resolve this problem with 6.0 But it still very unstable, in addition, it consumes extreme amounts of RAM. It a shame actually, because its a very nice looking browser. I guess I will be going back to Chrome :(

7. stevelam macrumors 65816

You realize chrome is the most ram hungry browser out there right?

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

That doesnt seem to be that much of an issue now, most computers have 4+ GB of RAM.

9. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup, I am. When did they release this version? I'm curious as to when an update might come out so this will luckily be fixed.

Also, did you notice any patterns on your end when this bug happened? If I can do some things to avoid initiating the bug, then I definitely will