iPhone Why does Tetherme say 2 connections?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Luis2004, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

I have Tetherme running, and I've put a really hard password on it with letters and numbers that you really couldn't guess unless you read my mind. I only have one wifi-capable device other than my iPhone: my Mac.

Yet tetherme says I have 2 connections. . . .

My iPad is in my car, downstairs and in the parking lot. Can the wifi signal really reach that far? Or is my iPhone counting itself for some reason?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Look outside your window, someone is leeching off your internet:D

3. ml.sail1 macrumors regular

Is your iPhone hooked up to your computer via USB? In that situation, my iPhone will do the same thing, as it is connecting via both USB tethering and WiFi tethering to my MBP.

Just a thought

4. Luis2004 thread starter macrumors 6502a

How can someone leech off my internet? The way I thought up my wifi password was I took the first 2 letters of pages 5, 6, and 7 of today's newspaper followed by a the number of a football player that retired in 1995 and was of no consequence.

Who could think that up?

Edit:
    Ha! It was me being plugged into the computer. . . I figured I'd charge it while I was tethering. Just disconnected it and it's back to 1.

Thanks! :)

5. ml.sail1 macrumors regular

You can certainly still plug your iPhone in while tethering, though you can turn of wifi and just tether through USB, it may even be faster that way.

Glad I could help!

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

People who 'crack' Wi-Fi networks don't just randomly guess letters... lol.