Why does the 4S look SOOOO White on Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am kind of annoyed that I was hoping they fixed the yellowish tint to the iPhone 4 in white, but it seems that the 4S has the same discoloration.

I really just wish they would get the 4S to look like it does on apple.com, I had 3G and 3GS in White, but they can not seem to get it as white with the 4 and 4S, so I think I am going to stick with Black and return my White one, I was hoping it really looked good but it doesn't to me

2. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

My white iPhone looks white. Sorry for your loss.

3. bcbryanc macrumors member

Same here, don't think I ever saw the white iPhone a different color before.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So you got the pastel edition! Sell it for a premium on ebay.

5. TomMaxwell macrumors newbie

6. DerekTS macrumors regular

My girlfriends white iPhone looks as white as the one on Apples website. :rolleyes:

7. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

My iPhone is white - I think maybe whatever light you're viewing it under is messing up your view? Some bulbs have a yellow tint, for example, mine looks yellow right now.

8. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

mines not blinding white, but its like eggshell... no yellow tint

9. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

Dunno about the iPhone, but I remember my old white iPod always getting yellowish with time. That's why I don't buy white iPhones anymore. Maybe it's because my hands are always sweaty.

10. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

Exactly.

Introducing the all new iPhone 4S Active Edition. It's already sweat stained to blend right in with your locker room environment.

11. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I kind of agree with the OP. Yes the phone is white but on the website it looks really white. It looks gorgeous. Live and in living color it's more like eggshell like someone else here said. I'd feel like a doosh trying to exchange it though LOL!! Plus they probably wouldn't cross ship it unless anyone knows otherwise.

12. tubalores macrumors member

tubalores

My iphone is REALLy white...like...hard to see the homebutton clearly white...never really heard of a yellowish one...

p.s. it's 2 months old (iP4)