Why does the clock always shows the wrong time?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hidehide, May 13, 2007.

1. hidehide macrumors 6502

Sometimes, the clock shows the wrong time. However, when I open the clock menu, it will update to the correct time..
    What's going on?

2. NJuul macrumors 6502

3. FreakinSyco macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

I have also noticed this... and now that you point it out it does occur after rebooting into OSX from windows. Good to know its not OSX messing up.

4. hidehide thread starter macrumors 6502

5. marshal7801 macrumors newbie

If you use Vista SP2 and above(eg, the new Win 7), Microsoft can solve this, but not for XP.
    You must have an active Internet connection in order to maintain the correct date and time when going between Mac OS X and Windows.
    If you are not connected to the Internet, you need to set the date and time manually when you change operating systems.

So this is a 'natural phenomena' indeed~ haha~

Hope this works~ Good luck~ ^^

---------
    Marshal7801
    Apple Product Professional(APP), Apple Sales Product Recognition(SPR) :apple: granted by Apple Inc., USA

MacBook Aluminum 2.0GHz 13", 2GB DDR3 RAM, 160GB HDD.
    ---------

6. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

i HATE this problem. whenever I switch back to Mac OS X after gaming in XP, my clock is 5 hours behind. I need to open up the Date/Time panel and unlock it to snap the clock back to reality. PITA. :rolleyes:

7. marshal7801 macrumors newbie

haha we can do nothing regarding this issue~ all we can do is....WAIT~~~ See if Apple can take any actions about this~

For me, I'm still using the traditional method (manually change the clock everytime I boot to Mac, sounds stupid, but i got no other choices ==).....

well, pls keep me updated if u got any solutions for this~ ;)

I'll try to discuss with my colleague...^^

---------
    Marshal7801
    Apple Product Professional(APP), Apple Sales Product Recognition(SPR) granted by Apple Inc., USA

MacBook Aluminum 2.0GHz 13", 2GB DDR3 RAM, 160GB HDD.
    ---------

8. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

I use a program called appletime.exe to set the clock in vista correctly and then it shows the right time in Leopard. Win7 doesn't seem to have this need.