Why does the emoji selector gets its own spot?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by creativedogmedia, Nov 8, 2017.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Maybe I’m blind and have missed a setting but why would I want emojis to have their own secluded, yet wasteful, space on the bottom of the keyboard?

Attached Files:

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

3. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

Are you that offended by emojis? Was there no milk for your cereal this morning or something?

4. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

What? No way.

haha. Not at all. Just seems like a lot of empty space. I don’t recall it being like this on the 7.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

My guess is that space below the keyboard is there to make it easier to hold the phone while typing. If the spacebar were all the way at the bottom of the screen (and thus, the phone), perhaps it would make it a little harder to hold? And since they need that space down there, they could fill it with something that is less often used? I'm just guessing as I don't have a X yet.

6. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

This is exactly why it was done.

Although honestly Apple could have used that space for recently used emojis or something... But im sure it will all get fleshed out later. This is only the beginning of the new iPhone design. It will get fleshed out overtime.

7. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

8. Sumter macrumors 6502

Sumter

I kinda like that they made the keyboard raised as it makes for easier typing without adjusting my hand position... also it’s not emoji only, I use two languages and that’s where the language selection is... but yeah for people who don’t like the space I wish Apple offered something. Honestly currently trying to switch back and forth two languages is annoying... less convenient and slower than regular keyboard. It has a delay..

9. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

It also houses dictation if you have that turned on.