Why does the front cam flip foto?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MBX, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

I don't get it. After taking a pic with the frontal cam it flips the pic horizontally when it's taken. Why?

Makes no sense. It should stay the same the way it displays it on the screen.

Besides there's no flip picture option in edit mode but only rotation, wtf.

:mad:

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

it does this to actually show what the camera saw - when you're preparing to take the picture, it uses "mirror mode" to show you what you'd see looking in a mirror, but when it actually takes a picture, it stops reversing the image - in other words, what you see prior to taking it is "flipped" and what is taken is not. Otherwise, words would be backwards, etc.

Android cameras do the same thing.

3. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

But at least give me the option to flip the image! So annoying.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

That would basically apply to any photo, no matter what camera was used--it would simply be a good option to have when editing pictures.

5. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

In what circumstances would you want a backwards picture? I'm having a hard time coming up with a use.

6. macnibblet macrumors newbie

I am pretty certain there are numerous free photo editing apps that will allow you to mirror it if you absolutely need to.