Why does the lock screen turn off so quickly?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patent10021, Feb 11, 2012.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

I like to look at my lock screen for a while sometimes. For the time or nice WP. Why does it go black after 3 seconds?

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

To conserve battery , most people swipe it to unlock within that amount of time , I'm afraid your the minority here. ;)

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You WP is stored in your images. Go there and call up the image and dream about her there!:D

4. matttye macrumors 601

"Options" is a nice word.. but Apple doesn't like them.

5. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

It shuts off after 5 seconds because the phone is locked. It's not a screensaver lol.

I'll have to look into it... for now, you could do the obvious, snap a screenshot and view to your content.

Your question is valid.

6. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Also, why would you have to worry about the battery when you're at home or work with your phone close to or plugged in? I like to have my phone on ALL the time. There must be something I can edit in iFile.

7. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

When you've pressed the power button, it's purpose is to turn off your screen.

What you are looking for is a kind of exhibition mode, a mode which displays simple information such as a clock, schedule or media while a device is charging. There may be an app for that.

8. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

close but not only when charging. I want my screen on all the time unless I say so. Otherwise why have wallpaper for a lock screen?

9. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

I see. The way Apple does it, it's like a mini-sleep mode. It turns the screen off while not in use. (You wouldn't want the screen on in your pocket.)

But if you want the lock screen to last longer, that's a modification you'll have to make.

There have been a number of apps for this within Cydia, a 20 second lock screen, Lockscreen Dim Delay, LockInfo 2.0, alot of these aren't around anymore, but you might find one.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

In general, I agree with you, but I can't say a I know of another OS where you are given the choice to tweak the lock screen blackout time out of the box.

11. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

If you jailbreak you can change the time it goes away.