Why does the new nano have multitouch?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by WilliamG, Sep 7, 2010.

1. WilliamG macrumors 604

I mean, I see that you can rotate the screen with it, but, is that really it? Multitouch doesn't work for photos on the nano, so I guess I don't see the point of the tech when the orientation is the ONLY thing it does..

Unless, of course, orientation is super important on a device that small?

2. macjock macrumors regular

I agree, I kind of get the feeling they want multi touch on everything. I wonder if the flushers in the cubicles in apple HQ are multi touch

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I dunno, they probably needed to get rid of the clickwheel to make it smaller.

4. drjsway macrumors 6502a

I don't even get the rotating the screen feature. The iPod nano is so small and completely square. Isn't it quicker just to rotate the iPod?

5. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Maybe, perhaps it's just a selling point. You can't really do much to a basic MP3 player, other than just change the design. Under the skin, it's the same, and that's very hard to change.

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

For those of us that run, it's nice for quick glances at time or track name when it would be clipped on a jacket or shirt. Instead of having to manually turn the iPod over or around every time because of a fixed orientation that is opposite of what we need, we can customize it.

I see the use. :)

Don't get me wrong, I haven't purchased one yet. I still prefer the tactile buttons on the 5th gen and the larger body style. I may eventually pick one up for running, but I still haven't determined if that would be a better option that just a shuffle.