Why does this happen?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by krewelement394, Feb 9, 2009.

1. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

excuse me but hello...

it has been bugging me that when i try to close, minimize or maximize a window on any app. on my macbook it ends u pdoing the next thing it is close to...!:[ why?

an example is when i try to minimize (click on the yellow buble) it ends up closing the app. when i try to close it it minimize it..:/

@ first i thoguth it was a bug but i have been using the macs at my college and it hasnt done anything like this...!:/ is this a setting i have on?:apple:

2. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

Hmm

User error:p

3. tobyg macrumors 6502a

Are you using one of the newer Macbooks with the glass touchpad? Maybe when you push your finger down to click you're actually moving your finger over to the button next to it right before the click is registered.

Or maybe you've got some strange software installed that has altered the way the buttons work. Using anything to change how the windows look/function that may be doing this?

Edit: ok your sig states a White MB, so never mind... although people don't always update their sigs.

4. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

lol yeah i still have te previous macbook the on ebefore the newer b and w one came out:] nooo i dont have any weird software installed...:/ all i have are the cs3 and ilife thats about it and microsoft office 08 other than that it is all nthing but mac software that came with it....i dont have that app. that makes my mac look like windows ewww why would i do tht:p

5. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

6. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

+1 on that. I do that once every couple months or so, along with using DiskWarrior and/or Drive Genius 2 to make sure everything is fine.

7. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

where do i get any of those?

8. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

You purchase them, But it's really unnecessary. It may even be repaired with a reboot.

9. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

True, but I would rather feel safe than sorry, so I have copies lying around in case of an emergency. DiskWarrior is made by Alsoft and DG2 is made by Prosoft.