Why does this keep happening?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by I'mAMac, Jun 18, 2012.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

The attached file shows a window that pops up periodically that closes all of my windows and makes me return to the password screen. When I enter my password (not having been logged out), the window is still there counting down to a logout. What could be causing this window to randomly pop up?

Attached Files:

2. barredfreak macrumors 6502

Could an application be causing this? Try restarting your computer and see if it happens again. If it does, you might want to give Cupertino a call.

3. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Yeah I've restarted several times. I also noticed that whenever I minimize a full screen app with Cmd+M it does this. Happens when I try to make D3 go to windowed mode.

4. Trepanator macrumors newbie

Check your shift keys, maybe?

The shortcut that displays that window is Shift-Command-Q. Perhaps you have a stuck shift key, and every time you try to quit an application you are accidentally summoning the window?

At first I thought it could be a stuck power key, but the window it summons has more buttons on it.

5. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I thought it was this as well at first, but it turned out not to be. I was just letting the computer idle and while performing no action whatsoever, the window just popped up. Something fishy is going on here...

6. barredfreak macrumors 6502

This has to be some kind of sorcery...

Anyways, why do you want to play D3 in windowed mode? When I play D3, I want nothing to distract me. Pretty much why my weekends just fly by. :cool:

7. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Oh I don't play in Windowed mode, but I do it to check other windows. I guess I could just CMD+Tab but I'm used to M for some reason.