why does VLC crash so much under Tiger??

vd0t

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
sorry if this has been covered already (i couldnt find anythin after doing a search).
like the titles say.. VLC crashes so much under Tiger!
or is this just me? i havent heard anyone else have problems on this forum.
its usually when im resizing the video size.. but not always. not sure if im doing anything wrong or maybe the app isnt compatible with Tiger?
everything was working fine in Pather.. not a single crash since i started using VLC.

comments n suggestions?

Duff-Man

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...it's called beta software...report the problems (and be as specific as you can about your hardware and what you are doing when it crashes) to the developer - they'll try and diagnose and fix if they can....oh yeah!

vd0t

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
thanks for the link..
version 0.8.2 was just released today! just in time i guess :D

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Big thanks for the link. My .ogm and .mkv files now have the audio support I did back in the Windows days. I didn't know they updated it.

alawrence101

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
The 0.8.2 update isn't fixing a problem I've been having since I upgraded to Tiger. I was wondering if anyone else was having it to and/or has found a way around it.

I can't load srt or sub files with movies anymore - files that worked perfectly find before the Tiger update. I can't load them manually, it doesn't do anything when I tell it to auto-load them, and "Subtitles Track" under the Video menu is greyed out. Subtitles work just fine when I'm playing a DVD, but not for srt files.

Anyone else having this problem?

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
taeclee99 said:
Anyone know if this new version of vlc runs better under tiger than xineplayer?
Both seem just as stable as each other to me, but I've decided to stay with XinePlayer I prefer it's all in 1 QuickTime(ish) look.