Why doesn't 8.0 have fb on notification bar.

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Now that Yosemite is out I see that you can add social networking to notification bar of the Mac os. Why doesn't Apple add that feature to the iPhone notification bar so we can update out social networks faster?

Eeko

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Now that Yosemite is out I see that you can add social networking to notification bar of the Mac os. Why doesn't Apple add that feature to the iPhone notification bar so we can update out social networks faster?
Facebook needs to create a widget.

Abazigal

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Because iOS widgets prevents you from accessing the system keyboard (so at best, you might be able to have a widget that automatically launches the camera, takes a photo and uploads a compressed version of it to your Facebook account), but you would not be able to type anything.

Which is a bit silly, considering that prior to ios7, users could do precisely that (post to Facebook and twitter straight from the notification shade) and it hasn't proven problematic in any way.

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Because iOS widgets prevents you from accessing the system keyboard (so at best, you might be able to have a widget that automatically launches the camera, takes a photo and uploads a compressed version of it to your Facebook account), but you would not be able to type anything.

Which is a bit silly, considering that prior to ios7, users could do precisely that (post to Facebook and twitter straight from the notification shade) and it hasn't proven problematic in any way.
What if Facebook makes a widget.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Raleigh, NC

Jailbreakkkk. One of the first things I do, Tap to Tweet and FB Post is way easier than having to open the app and create a new status.

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
It's an alright app, but it just takes you into the app to post. Kinda pointless.
FAQ from the app:

Why we have to open app when tap button in Notification Center

According to Apple's documentation there are not allowed to show post/tweet dialog in Notification Center. They want anything that requires keyboard entry to happen in-app.

That's why I have to open app to post/tweet.

The thing I don't understand is why Apple puts a widget for FB and twitter on Yosemite NC and removed on our iphones/ipads after iOS 6.