iPad Pro Why doesn't Apple have different colored smart keyboards?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ghost31, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

grrrr. My girlfriend has a white iPad Pro and would love a Smart Keyboard but hates the way the black goes with her white iPad. Are there any good alternatives?

2. CrystalQuest76 macrumors 6502

Because Apple does not have to.

3. alecgold, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016

alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

I have been wondering that as well.
    It's not that hard: just a different color fabric and hey-ho.
    But it think it's going to get dirty really quick and not to be cleaned easily or at all.
    When I compare that to my magical keyboard, I weekly turn it of, clean it with a moist cloth and it keeps nice and clean. Also the trackpad. But having a white fabric is going to be a whole other story.

4. killaz05 macrumors member

killaz05

I am holding out for a second generation smart keyboard. Hopefully in more color options to better compliment my rose gold ipad. Also would like to see back-lighting integrated into it but I won't hold my breath for that haha.

5. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

Yes, indeed, don't hold your breath, and what would it cost with backlighting?! :eek:

Jokes aside, backlight would be nice, but I wouldn't spend another 179,95 euro's to get backlighting when my current keyboard is functioning perfect. And I like it a lot, good size, enough responsiveness in the keys, really thin and always with my ipad. And I can clip my pencil to it. Works great.

6. profets macrumors 68040

Kind of like the 12.9" iPads only having white and grey smart covers & rear cases. It would be cool, just like the selection if iPhone cases and iPad smart covers to have colourful keyboard covers as well.

I have to say, I don't mind the combination of dark grey smart keyboard cover with my silver/white iPad. I like the contrast.

7. PrettyWings macrumors member

I guess the same reason why they insist on people who buy the iPad Pro 12.9 having only 2 silicone case colors while the 9.7 gets several.

8. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

I want a matte black iPad Pro with a product red Smart Keyboard, that'd be amazing.

9. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

I think its part of their product lifecycle. Color models might come later.

10. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Because John Ivy won't allow it

11. millydog macrumors regular

millydog

The 9.7" has different case and cover colour options, I'd like that in the 12.9" Pro. I have a space grey 12.9" with grey case, grey cover & grey keyboard. I'd be tempted to get a rose gold 12.9" (if released in rose gold in 2nd gen) with pink case & keyboard....but really because I would like a 256GB and mine is 128GB since I purchased at release and didn't want to 'upgrade' to the same generation with more memory.
    The grey is nice & practical, but colours just add fun & a bit of personalisation.

12. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Why not?