Why doesn't apple include weather, stocks?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sirpots, Mar 16, 2012.

1. sirpots macrumors regular

New ipad owner here. First one and am really excited, epically for the fact that I don't have to carry around textbooks anymore :). But I was just wondering why apple doesn't include weather stocks and clock app on the iPad. Has it always been this way? Do you recommend any other apps to replace weather and the clock? Don't really care about stocks ;)

2. maclook macrumors 65816

Yeah, it sucks.
    Accuweather is a good weather app. Hasn't been updated to retina graphics yet though. I think there's a calculator app in the app store that's just a rip off of the iPhone one.

3. DS3 macrumors 6502a

It annoys me because their weather one puts the nice weather graphics in the notifications drop down and 3rd party apps cant do that as far as Im aware.

4. sirpots thread starter macrumors regular

Yes that's how I figured out weather was missing. Notification Center is kind of boring without the weather in it :p

5. doboy macrumors 68000

Hopefully, they will add it in the future. I want stock quotes. :)

6. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

ive

I have asked this so many times before, some people are on the same page as me others claim those apps are useless as there are tons of alternatives in the app store. The stock ticker on the iPhone is amazing i use it all the time i wish the iPad had that.

7. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Same here. It's so bizarre that Apple would purposely not include this on the iPad, but allow it on their Macs and iPhones. What the duck?

8. batotman macrumors 6502

Or Clock? No Photo Booth on the iPhone. Jerks.

I hate stocks and news stand. Thank god for jailbreaks. Hid that junk on my 4s.

9. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Seriously, is there an "official" explanation as to why these few apps were left out when it's otherwise so prevalent in other Apple products and OSes? :confused:

10. AceCoolie macrumors regular

I want the clock app because it runs reliably in the background. I haven't found a third party app yet that does that.

11. Cembandit macrumors newbie

12. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Because if they included it, maybe you would have the iPad as your only iOS-device. So much for the "giant iPod touch". :cool: