Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sirpots

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Nebraska
New ipad owner here. First one and am really excited, epically for the fact that I don't have to carry around textbooks anymore :). But I was just wondering why apple doesn't include weather stocks and clock app on the iPad. Has it always been this way? Do you recommend any other apps to replace weather and the clock? Don't really care about stocks ;)

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Yeah, it sucks.
Accuweather is a good weather app. Hasn't been updated to retina graphics yet though. I think there's a calculator app in the app store that's just a rip off of the iPhone one.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
It annoys me because their weather one puts the nice weather graphics in the notifications drop down and 3rd party apps cant do that as far as Im aware.

sirpots

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Nebraska
It annoys me because their weather one puts the nice weather graphics in the notifications drop down and 3rd party apps cant do that as far as Im aware.

Yes that's how I figured out weather was missing. Notification Center is kind of boring without the weather in it :p

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
ive

I have asked this so many times before, some people are on the same page as me others claim those apps are useless as there are tons of alternatives in the app store. The stock ticker on the iPhone is amazing i use it all the time i wish the iPad had that.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I have asked this so many times before, some people are on the same page as me others claim those apps are useless as there are tons of alternatives in the app store. The stock ticker on the iPhone is amazing i use it all the time i wish the iPad had that.

Same here. It's so bizarre that Apple would purposely not include this on the iPad, but allow it on their Macs and iPhones. What the duck?

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Or Clock? No Photo Booth on the iPhone. Jerks.

I hate stocks and news stand. Thank god for jailbreaks. Hid that junk on my 4s.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Seriously, is there an "official" explanation as to why these few apps were left out when it's otherwise so prevalent in other Apple products and OSes? :confused:

AceCoolie

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
I want the clock app because it runs reliably in the background. I haven't found a third party app yet that does that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.