Why doesn't Apple let you download iLife11??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hexagonheat, Oct 20, 2010.

1. hexagonheat macrumors member

I JUST received my new Mac Pro yesterday and just my luck that the new iLife has come out so I have to shell out another 6.99 to upgrade and get the new iLife :(

Anyway, when I go through the store I enter my serial number and it says I'm eligible for the discount but then it talks about shipping the product to me. Isn't there some other way that you can download it? Otherwise I will have to wait for them to ship it to my house.

2. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

You'll probably have to wait for it to be shipped. Downloading stuff like that will probably come when the Mac App Store is introduced, I'd expect..

3. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

The reason may be the file size. iLife will be several GB, even compressed. Probably also why there's no trial download for iLife.

4. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Adobes suite's are downloads so I think not having ilife as a download is that there is no trial and a policy to not have it as a download in the store. Apple store is not set up for downloads sadly.