Why doesn't Apple...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TSE, Apr 25, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Instead of just giving the Menu bar and Dock translucent abilities, give the grey window portion of the windows optional translucency? Mac OS X's UI is wonderful, but there is too much inconsistency.

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

If we are lucky, there will be some new translucent abilities in Snow Leopard. Translucent windows is the only good thing that I like about Vista. It would be great if Apple could do the same thing to change how OS X looks a little. The grey is starting to look a little old to me after such a long time.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Because Apple never gives you a choice about the UI?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

That's funny, I find the translucent windows to be one of the most hideous aspects about Vista. To each his own I guess.

5. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

I agree there i get a head ace trying to read them and cannot follow the words. They are very poor design for dyslexic users and with quite large percentages of males(30% at some estimates) and a slightly smaller percentage of females in the western world it is a poor design choice.

6. Matek macrumors 6502a

Couldn't agree more - it's pretty simple to turn it off in Vista, it couldn't be harder than a checkbox in System Preferences for OS X as well.

7. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I also don't like the translucency in Vista. You see them the first time, and go "Wow" and by the time you're done saying 'wow' you realize it's actually quite ugly and would be hard to use (for some).

8. Burning Radio macrumors regular

Vista is transparency done WRONG. I hope that apple incorporates more transparency into OS X SL, but i certainly hope it's more tastefully done than MS Vista. Not that I hate using Vista, it's just that it looks unsophisticated and "unsexy". :cool:

9. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Transparency in Vista looks great, it's just the fact that it requires Aero to be turned on which sucks up resources like you wouldn't believe. If Mac OS X can incorporate transparency, etc. without taking up as much resources that would be awesome.