Why doesn't handoff work all the time?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Oppressed, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

So I'm desperately trying to get handoff to work between my iPad mini 2 and my iPhone six plus. Both have wifi (on the same network) and bluetooth on. Both are signed in to the same Apple ID, and both have handoff enabled. Sometimes I'll see it work on the iPad, and sometimes I'll see it work on the iPhone, but neither works 100%. In fact I don't feel it even works 50% of the time. Am I missing something here?

2. dhlizard, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Can only relate my experiences
    Works well between iPad4 and iPhone 6+ for most, but for Pages and Numbers not well

3. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I haven't seen any issues between my 6, iPad Mini. and MBP. Maybe try disabling handoff on all your devices and then turning it back on.

4. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Yeah, I am not sure... I haven't used it for much else other than Safari, but for that it works 100% of the time between my retina mini and my iPod touch 5th gen even. It didn't work AT ALL when I first got iOS 8, but then I suddenly got a huge lag on my iPad while using Safari, I looked over at my iPod while waiting for it to stop, and there was a little Safari icon in the bottom corner lol.

5. big samm macrumors 65816

Handoff works well on my 6+ and ipad mini retina, i mostly use it with mail safari or answering a phone call on my iPad mini